Sunday, June 7, 2009

The End Of Life

I was thinking the other day about when I die. What will it be like. Is there a heaven?

I was raised as a Catholic, but as I got older I was unsure about things. Believing in something is a good thing, right? It gives you a purpose in life. It gives you morals in that you have to live pure that way you can live forever in an "afterlife". This isn't about religion. I thought that they were just trying to scare me. That way I will live my life proper.

When I was about 12 I realized that alot of the stuff that teachers would tell me, didn't really make much sense. I would question something that we would be learning and all they would say is, "that's what the bible says" and avoid the question, because they didn't no, in what way to answer it. It is then when I wanted answers to my questions. I want to go back to my faith as a Catholic. The only thing is, is that I don't want to do it out of being scared.

There is alot of talk about the end of the world in 2012 and what is most likely to be the end of the world as we no it. And it got me thinking. There is alot of things that I want to do with my life that I have yet to fulfilled. Goals and tasks that I have set since I was little. Reading all this talk got me thinking, that if in fact there is a God, or a Judgement Day, I want to spend eternity with the ones I love in Heaven.

But in turn coming back to the Catholic Religion wouldn't seem right because I would be doing it out of fright and not out of faith. To this day I no not of when my life is going to end, but I do no it will, and that scares me. I don't want to die, but when my time comes I wouldn't no what is going on. I don't want to look back upon my life and wish that I could go back and do something different. My question to you guys, the readers, Is that if you could know when your life will end, would you want to know? Would you want to know how long you have on Earth. I know I wouldn't, because I already live each day like it will be my last. And I wouldn't change it for anything.

- Mr.Philly583620

No comments:

Post a Comment